Friday, May 25, 2007

An Unfortunate Situation

So I’ve been in Dublin for two weeks. Since my last entry, I secured employment. My place of work is very cool, and the best part is the people. I work with two great Irish girls. Both are just nice people, who are great to share a chat with: good craic as the Irish would say. So far they have both been very helpful and each has done their part to protect me from the slings and arrows of office politics.

The one girl, sadly, is going through a really tough time. She is engaged to be married, and her father is quite ill. Talk about the good and the bad. I’m unsure what his specific problem(s) is(/are) but I do know that he has a build up of fluid: talk about the ugly.

Her wedding was initially supposed to be in November. However, in the interest of having her father walk her down the aisle, and due to the condition of her father, they have booked an earlier date for next Friday: a week from today.

Earlier this week her father was released from hospital after a long stay. However, in the two nights since, he has been vomiting tonnes and has not been able to sleep much.

Anita has just received word that her father has now been re-admitted to the hospital. Right now it is only a precautionary visit, but Anita is worried. Her first phone call was to her Husband, in which she updated him on the situation. She has since left to visit her Father at the hospital.

This is where I am supposed to say something about life and family: but anyone who has just read this needs no reminder of their value and importance.

All the best to Anita and her family.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home